Saturday, April 17, 2021

Catching Up Sharing Sketches

Think I'm heading into another possible "recharge period" I evidently need after being so productive the last few months.   Although it's been a push to do anything of late, I did manage these using Procreate.  I just haven't felt like messing with paper, ink, and paint so instead if the mood strikes me, I just grab my Ipad.

This is from what I could make out on hubby's favorite T-shirt.  With him being part Indian, things like this mean a lot to him.  I wanted to sketch the design before it completely faded away.

Peppermint brush tool and cloud brush tool.


I saw a post on Facebook where brother-in-law shared a moment back years ago when I sketched him a giraffe.  Giraffes are his favorite animal and when I saw the post, I went to my photos from 2009 when family went to Busch Gardens Safari.  Decided to work this as I love the expression!!

Several different brush tools as I was trying to find the right one for the effect I was hoping for.  I ended up using the water brush tool and 4B pencil tool plus some smudging.  Cloud brush tool for background and BJD's spatter brush tool with adjustments I made to it for a touch of texture.


This I worked through the night.  It represents Terry's first haircut after the pandemic hit March 2020.  His hair was long when I met him 20 plus years ago.  Upon a return trip from overseas, he surprised me with a hair cut and his pony tail saved to give me.  I kept it for years until Neal's cat got ahold of it.  He's kept his hair short from that point on until last year when the pandemic hit.

So yesterday Terry gets his hair cut and brought this home for me.

Procreate 4B pencil brush tool.



Side note:  Blogger is doing strange things........for some reason these won't open like normal when clicking on the images.

No comments: