Sunday, September 6, 2020

Doodling with Ballpoint Pen

Yesterday I grabbed a new type ballpoint pen made by Uni-ball (Jetstream RT 0.7 mm) to see how it might work on two different paper surfaces.  I was interested in seeing if ink would build-up causing blobs like other pens I have tried.  Although I did have to wipe the point on paper towel now and then, the pen worked quite well on both a toothy surface and a smooth surface.

5.5x6" Journal made with Arches 140 lb Coldpress WC paper.  Added a little color with DS watercolors.




5.5 x 7" Journal made with Fabriano 140 lb Hotpress WC paper.  Chose not to add color.  No pencil lines were used as I wasn't sure how the ink would handle going over graphite.  It was also unknown if erasing would smear this type ink.


What I found is that I enjoyed using this pen for ballpoint sketching.....unlike BIC or a few other brands I've tried that tend to blob quite easily with a lot of stop and go dabbing the pen point on paper towel, which I find cumbersome.



No comments: