Sunday, September 6, 2020

September Challenge Between Friends - Design a Fishbowl or Aquarium

Inspired by the Switch game, Animal Crossing New Horizons, I came up with the idea to design a fishbowl or Aquarium.  

The challenge involves sketching individual components and then sketching everything together.

If working a standard fishbowl or other container like a jar, we are to sketch at least one fish and a minimum of three accents inside the container.

If working a larger aquarium, we are to sketch at least one fish and a minimum of four accents inside the container.

Not able to decide which medium I wanted to use, I chose to work my challenge in different mediums.

Digital:  Sketched using Procreate on the Ipad.  I chose to use minimum color leaving the rest black and white.


Graphite:  With this one, I just wanted to practice sketching fish and accents and not necessarily put them together in a fishbowl or aquarium.  This was using the Wolf's Carbon Pencil - B in the Stillman and Birn Beta sketchbook.


To finish the last page in my Beta journal, I worked this quick pencil sketch using a Pentel Graphgear 1000 mechanical pencil #7.

Pen and Ink plus Watercolor:  My primary contribution for the challenge I used the Kakuno fountain pen and #41 Noodler's Brown ink.  Worked in the Stillman and Birn Beta journal.  DS watercolors.



No comments: