Friday, January 27, 2017

Another from Sumter Landing Sketchcrawl

Today I decided to work on my personal challenge of skipping pencil and jumping right in with watercolor first and then pen and ink last.  The idea is to help speed things up for when I'm out on location.

Each time I do this, I see that for me this just isn't going to be any quicker.  It takes me longer just to work brush to paper straining my brain to get it down right.  At least with a light preliminary pencil sketch, I don't hesitate as I'm putting pencil to paper which for me means working faster.  I may not work watercolor while out on location but that's OK too.  I can extend my enjoyment of being out even after I get home by adding the watercolor in the comfort of my own home.

But it doesn't hurt to challenge myself and that's what I chose to do today :-)

Hand sewn journal / Fabriano Artistico 140lb wc paper
Lamy Safari with Lexington Gray ink
Waterbrush
Mix brands of watercolor (DS, W&N, and QoR)



No comments: