Sunday, January 29, 2017

January 2017 Steampunk Festival

Yesterday Terry and I checked out what's called the Steampunk Festival being held at Renninger's in Mount Dora, FL

We arrived early and walked around for about an hour and a half before we had to leave.

It was really interesting to see the various folks walking around in unique costumes; checking out the wide variety of antiques being sold; and coming across unusual creations made using pieces of metal and glass.  Even the music was unique.

While walking around, I came across a vendor selling old door knobs, knockers, locks, vintage keys, etc.  I picked up a hand full of various size keys to have on hand for sketching.

Keys close to actual size.

Stillman & Birn Beta; Pilot Falcon fountain pen / Lexington Gray ink



Although I took several photos, I didn't get what I now wish I had showing more of the folks wearing costumes and other various attractions.  We left before the real action started (which I believe was a show put on by several in costume).  Oh well........maybe next time.

Small sampling of costumes.....Hand sewn journal/Fabriano; Falcon pen and Lamy Safari / Lexy Gray ink



For a little information on just what Steampunk is..........http://www.mountdorabuzz.com/arts--entertainment/just-what-is-steampunk-find-out-before-this-weekends-show

Photos taken:















 

4 comments:

Ginny Stiles said...

Really enjoyed your take on this too.
I promis to try a few sketches of folks from my photos.
Loved all the goggles.
Fun day.

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you Ginny :-) I'm looking forward to seeing what you do !!!

SusanA said...

What a fascinating festival! I enjoyed your sketches. I'm really drawn to the keys. I'm going to have to look for a few to sketch myself.

Susan Bronsak said...

SusanA.....thank you dear lady :-) .....you can find old keys via Ebay. I only bought a few at the festival as a token of our outing there.