Thursday, January 12, 2017

January 12th Sketch Crawl - Mote Morris House

Our group met this morning at this historical building called the Mote Morris House.  Meeting time was set for 10:30 a.m. but I was there about an hour and a half earlier taking photos and sketching one side of the building from my car.

When everyone arrived, we all picked a spot around the building and spent a couple hours sketching and painting until we stopped for lunch.

I'm actually surprised I did as much as I did.  While on location, I sketched in pencil only.........saving ink work and any painting for after I returned home.

It was an absolute gorgeous day and we all had a great time.

Met up at Blooms for lunch and then most went home while a few of us checked out Simon's Seed Shop we may return another time to sketch.  The shop has a lot of interesting ideas to sketch other than flowers and plants.  They have a few exotic birds in cages plus some antiques sitting around inside and outside the building.

Strathmore Visual Journal - Watercolor
Falcon and Platinum Carbon fountain pens
DS Watercolors




I have to say that by the time I got to inking this page, I was pretty tuckered out.  Decided to just ink and forget about painting.



No comments: