Saturday, February 16, 2019

Candle Holders and Pot Sitters

Although I've titled this candle holders, I'm really not sure what they are.  I found two of these years ago and was drawn to the crackled glass and metal stands.  They look like something one could place a small candle in so I'm guessing that's what they are for.

The pot sitters are two lizards on one and I have two turtles hanging on the other.  I chose the lizards to sketch as they are more colorful. 

I came across these pot sitters at ACMoore, an arts and craft store in Clarksburg, WV   Used to be one of my favorite craft stores before moving to Florida.

The little dangly balls comes from when I used to do beading for miniature Christmas tree ornaments.

Stonehenge Aqua 140 lb watercolor paper

Lamy AlStar with Urban Grey ink for the main sketching and writing. 

Lamy Safari with the same ink as the extra fine nib leans more towards a dry feed I preferred to depict the crackled glass.


No comments: