Monday, February 18, 2019

Leaf-Footed Bug

Yesterday while my husband and I were outside, this bug landed on a hibiscus close to where Terry was standing.  Not one we normally see, I ran inside to grab my cell phone to take its picture.  Terry trying to hold the limb from blowing in the breeze startled him and he flew off.  A little while later either he or another one returned and I was able to get a few photos.

Looking it up, I've learned this is called a leaf-footed bug.  It's quite large and not exactly one I'd want landing on me.  I was fine getting close to it as bugs don't normally make me crazy (except bees and ticks) unless they unexpectedly land on me.

Stonehenge Aqua / Lamy Safari with De Altramentis Document Brown ink.  I used Paynes Grey and Bt Sienna for this (QoR watercolors).



No comments: