Thursday, February 14, 2019

Still Holding Their Color

This is a group of Golden Rain Tree seed pods I picked up off the ground back in November.  An individual seed pod I also brought inside dried up and turned a brownish gray color.  These pods still attached to a stem are fragile but still just as colorful as they were the day I brought them inside.  I'm wondering why that is and how long will they keep their color before drying up like the single one did.

The seeds are still attached inside which also surprises me.  I would have thought they would have pulled away loose inside.  I don't know much about these trees so this is a learning experience for me.

Strathmore 500 Imperial WC paper / Lamy Safari with Document Brown ink


1 comment:

Annie said...

Nice sketch. I wonder if these are the same leaves imbedded in a mulberry paper I use for my journal covers?