Sunday, February 10, 2019

Sketching Earrings and Lapel Pins

After working with graphite for days (not shared yet), I was in need for some color.  I have worked on these off and on the last couple of days......mainly in the evening and early morning.

Back when I worked outside the home, I use to wear various earrings depending on what clothing I wore or occasion.  For years now, I wear the same small hoops.....two in each ear.  I used to wear three in each lobe plus a stud up in the top area of my ear.  I struggled with an earring in the top part of my ear, especially when I tried to sleep, so I permanently removed it.  Went for years without any earrings and then about a year or so ago started wearing the hoops........instead of three in each ear, I decided on just the two. 

I'm not real big on wearing jewelry and never have been.  Stopped wearing a watch as it bugged me.  Have a few different necklaces but only wear one 24/7 that my mom had made using her old wedding band set for a diamond heart pendant.  I don't wear rings to include my wedding band set because it either would catch on things or dig into my finger......especially while I sleep and how I tuck my hands under my pillow.  I WILL put on my wedding band set if I go out.  All the rest of my jewelry sits in a box.

As for the lapel pins, I never wear them unless I stick them on a hat.  I collect them....especially from places I visit.

The heart and key charm is from back when I was a teen.  Not sure what happened to the charm bracelet or other few charms that was on it.  This is all I have remaining from so long ago.


No comments: