Saturday, January 25, 2020

Set of Four - Bird Figurines

These sketches were worked from a set of four resin chickadees I ordered through Amazon.  I love birds in general but Black Caps are one of my favorites to watch at the feeders.  Also love their chatter sound.  When I came across this set in Amazon, I couldn't resist purchasing them.  And, once received, I just had to sketch them.  The figurines are of high quality and very detailed...not to mention, just plain adorable :-)

I chose to sketch these using hatching and fan type tick hash marks.  I wasn't in the mood for messing with color but at a later date, I might make prints that I can add a light color wash to the bodies.   This was fun and very relaxing with the repetitive marks.










UPDATE:  Adding a splash of color.  


No comments: