Monday, January 20, 2020

Time to Sketch - Star Fruit

When I reach the point my inner critic starts picking things apart in what I do....feeling the need to change things... it's time to return to sketching.

This is a star fruit (or starfruit - not sure on the spelling) our neighbor gave us.  I had never seen nor heard of it before so I was looking forward to trying something new.

One itsy bitsy bite was all it took to realize it was not for me!  What a horrible taste it left and I couldn't wait to eat something to mask or remove that taste!!

After doing some research, I learned this fruit has lots of nutritional value; however, can be toxic to some people.  Those with kidney disease should not eat it.  Those on medication should talk to a physician first as it's like grapefruit with negative interactions with some meds.  AND, for some people can cause neurological problems resulting in seizures, confusion, and even death.  Not exactly something I liked learning and actually thankful I don't like it.


FIbook75x75 sketchbook / Daniel Smith and QoR watercolors / Platinum Carbon Pen with Noodlers #41 Brown ink.

No comments: