Thursday, January 23, 2020

Think I Prefer to Seal and Glue

Today I am trying an alternative to sealing my mini prints and gluing to glass and bezel trays......2-sided Sticky Sheets.  My initial thoughts based on my first experience:

Pros: 

1)  No need to seal prints

2)  No messing with glue

3)  Crystal Clear - no yellow tone (at least at this point)

Cons:  

1)  A real pain pulling the thin coverings protecting the sticky tape.  It's extremely difficult getting started.

2)  No wiggle room trying to line up with glass or print and if not careful will grab the print if you're not holding one corner of it.  The tape is so sticky that even if a very small corner or edge grabs what you want to stick it to, it is there to stay....no chance to make adjustments or realign.

3)  Even if you're sure your print or glass has no dust on the surface, the tape pulls from the air any particles while in the process of attaching it to surface.

4)  Difficult, even when burnishing, to remove any air bubbles.





At this point, my thoughts are:  I'd rather stick with the time and effort it takes to seal each print and just glue pieces together.  This may change after I have tried a few more times.


With these I'm attaching ribbon where they can hang from the ornament tree off same hooks as the key chains sitting lower.  

*The oval bezels are double sided so I'll be able to put a miniature print front and back.  Nice for this purpose of displaying using the ornament tree.






No comments: