Thursday, January 9, 2020

Photo Key Chain Using Resin

Now this was more or less a success!  The trays can be added to key chains or other type hooks as zipper pulls or charms.

This is using one of the test pieces where I sealed the inkjet print with mod podge and then poured resin over it to create a nice dome.  For now it's just sitting in the tray as I await glue to arrive to put it in permanently.

Because I wasn't sure if I'd place glass over it in the bezel or add a resin dome, I had rounded the corners of the print.  Next time I will probably not round the corners unless I definitely plan to add the glass over the print.

I really like this resin that I purchased from little-windows.com.  It levels beautifully and crystal clear and smooth.  I was fortunate with the domed pieces as none had any bubbles to worry about popping or removing as it set (I must have done something right...lol).  Biggest plus............no odor.


No comments: