Saturday, January 18, 2020

Miya's Toy - Different Look with Color

Today I decided I wanted what I did yesterday in color.  One of the positives in working digital AND working everything on separate layers is the ability to work from ALMOST scratch.  In this case creating a new file with a copy of the initial line drawing and building on top of that working color in separate transparent layers.

Another bonus with the layers and digital is trying various color combinations or brush tool/patterns to see what works and what doesn't.  As an example, I had worked the cast shadow in different colors - three separate layers...a bluish gray, purplish gray, and brown.  I didn't care for the blue or purple so I just deleted those layers.  I did similar with the background working one with a soft blue and the one you see here.  Didn't care for the blue.

Today I played with a brush tools I haven't used too much, which is the 2B Compressed Charcoal brush tool.  I also used Gesinski Ink and Splatter brush tools for the table.   I was after a soft plush look and the Compressed Charcoal did the trick for me.


Steps showing how each top layer is used to render the final results:




No comments: