Wednesday, July 29, 2020

A Fruit I Doubt I'll Ever Try

Terry brought inside a Guava fruit he found on a small tree along the property line between our neighbor and ourselves.  This particular one was probably beyond ripe as it was feeling rather soft.  When he brought it in, he made a comment it smelled like RAID Ant and Roach spray.  I didn't have to get close to it as I could smell it as soon as he came into the house.  To me it smelled like a strong onion and citrus combination.  We didn't keep it inside as the odor/fragrance was so strong, you could smell it from the back room of the house.  I took pictures of it quickly and decided to work from photos rather than it sitting on my table.

According to what I've read, it's very nutritious.....seeds and all.  It's suppose to be a very sweet fruit with a unique flavor between a strawberry and pear.  All I know is that the smell alone puts us off from even wanting to try one.

After taking the photos of the one, we walked outside and I took several photos of the fruit growing which are all still green ranging from small to medium in growth.  We couldn't find another ripe one hanging from the tree.

Worked in my 7 x 5.5 journal with Fabriano Hotpress paper / Metropolitan with #41 Brown ink (for wording) and Daniel Smith watercolors.


No comments: