Monday, July 20, 2020

Same Subject Different Brush Tools

Today I decided to sketch this anchor and then using Procreate, worked with different brush tools just to compare results.

The first example (top left) is using the category Inking - Studio Pen brush tool.  I never changed the brush size and the little bar tells me the size used.

The second (top right) is using the category Drawing - Little Pine brush tool.  I've never tried this one before.   I used the same size throughout.

Third example (bottom left) is using the category Sketching - HB brush tool for line drawing and Shading Graphite for the shading.  Size brushes shown in the little bars.

Final example I decided to use color.  This time using the category Painting - Acrylic brush tool.  Line drawing was using the same HB pencil sketch using the size the bar indicates.  With the color, I used different sizes depending on area I was working.

Each were worked in layers as I normally do but with the color, I decided to only work one layer with both orange and black for blending purposes.  In the past I would use a separate layer for each color.

This was a fun exercise and I may do others trying new brush tools I've not used before.


2 comments:

Ginny Stiles said...

My gosh, luv...those are wonderful.
I just can't my heart into online drawing but I know you and a lot of folks are really amazing and I enjoying seeing it! Hugs.

Susan Bronsak said...

So GOOD to hear from you, Ginny!!! Thank you so much!!