Sunday, July 19, 2020

Pencil Case Sketch

This morning I was up early and rather than turning on the TV or playing games, I decided to try and sketch something.......anything.  Instead of looking around hoping something jumped out at me to sketch, I chose to sketch the first thing I saw sitting in front of me, which happened to be my pencil case.

I'm still lacking motivation and this slump I've been in is really starting to bring me down.  I so want to get past it!!

I think part of my problem is lacking purpose for what I do.  It used to be straight forward in my reasons but somewhere along the line, I started questioning those reasons.  Now I'm dealing with a great deal of confusion and just not sure what direction to take to regain a sense of purpose.

This is digital sketching using Procreate and Ipad using the HB brush tool and the Pastel brush tool.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I go thru spells inability to concentrate, on more realistic art, I find a quote(s) I like and format a page that has a grid. Some sections are fill with different styles of writing (the quote) and others have long tangle borders or small decorative tangles in some of the grids (squares). LRB

LannieK said...

I like your pencil case :-) I have been going through the same thing. Finally drug out my spinning wheel and spun yesterday. I'll finish the plying today Now if I could just get going on my drawing & painting...
For me, I think it's the state of our world, mixed with summer heat. It's a difficult time... Keep inspiring me! Please!

Susan Bronsak said...

Dear Anonymous...........thank you so much for your comment and sharing how you work through down times. I love your idea with the grid and word art using a quote plus the dangles.

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you so much Lannie!!! Here's hoping you can soon return to your artwork as well!!!