Thursday, July 16, 2020

New Pens - Metropolitans

Not that I need any more pens but I treated myself to three Metropolitans after learning they came in other than black or gold like back years ago when I first bought two.  I like the nibs on these pens compared to the Lamy nibs.  Fine nibs in the Metropolitans are like the Lamy Extra Fine nibs but not quite as scratchy.

Although the site says they no longer come with converters, the three I purchased did.  The type that came were the squeeze type converters I've never used before.  Will be interesting to see how well they work and how much ink they hold.  I also purchased the Con40 converters but quickly learning I don't care for them.  They do not hold very much ink.  I'd rather refill an old cartridge than to use those converters.

I have filled each pen with DeAtramentis Document inks of similar colors to the color of the pens for easy identification.

Illustration worked using watercolor pencils dry.  Worked in journal with Fabriano Hot Press watercolor paper.

UPDATE August 4, 2020:  The squeeze type converters seem to be doing OK.  The Con 40 converters are absolutely useless!!!  Other people stating they don't hold much ink is an understatement.  Plus, I find I have to physically turn the piston to push ink up towards the feed in order for it to continue feeding ink. 

No comments: