Thursday, July 16, 2020

Family Trip to Ripley's Aquarium - Myrtle Beach

My eldest son and his family were to come to Florida for a week the last part of June and then spend a week at Myrtle Beach.  Unfortunately with the explosion of COVID 19 cases over the last few weeks here in Florida, my son's employer told him if he came to Florida during his vacation, he would be forced to stay home for 14 days without pay upon his return.  So the family decided best to post-pone their trip here saving for a later time.

While they were at Myrtle Beach, they sent me pictures of their outings, which included going to Ripley's Aquarium.  One of the photos was of penguins (which I love), so I decided to add a sketch of one of the penguins in my journal.

Fabriano Hot Press / #B Wolf's Carbon Pencil

When I set out to do this, I intended on including two penguins........one laying down to the right of the one standing.  Unfortunately, I started with the one standing and realized I didn't leave enough room to include the other one without chopping off his head.  Needless to say, composition leaves a great deal to be desired. 

If I were to print this, I would crop out around the penguin like shown below.



No comments: