Sunday, February 9, 2020

One of Our Regulars

Quick sketch for today of one of our regular hummingbirds that come around the feeder. 

FIbook75x75 (Stonehenge Aqua) / Lamy with Document Brown ink / DS Hooker Green with Lunar Red and Lunar Black (for the granulating effect) and QoR Pyrrole Red Lt, Dioxazine Purple and Ultramarine.

The paragraph to the right of the hummer is a personal reminder when I start comparing what I do with other people I highly admire when it comes to their journal pages.  I will catch myself wishing my pages looked more like so and so (especially with design and layout).  I may feel like putting more effort into designing the page but it's not something I would do on a day to day basis as that's just not my style.


Note to myself:  The eye should probably be a little larger.

2 comments:

lee kline said...

You have had success attracting hummingbirds!?!? I have not. We had one a couple of months ago, but since he did not return, I assumed he was migrating and used us for a stopover.

Susan Bronsak said...

We didn't have any luck until we moved the feeder to the front of the house last winter. Nothing like we had up north with hundreds coming around but we do have a few regulars. There are a few months through the summer we don't see them but then they return. One in particular I can always count on has the bent damaged beak. The feeder is right outside the window where I sit so I see him up close.