Monday, February 17, 2020

Reliving a Memory

Last night I was looking through various sketches I've worked through the years.  Sketches that were more than individual illustrations.  I came across a pencil sketch I worked while sitting in the car during a trip visiting my sister in Texas.

I didn't do much in the way of documenting on my pages back then as it was before I found the Artist Journal Workshop book by Cathy Johnson when I learned about visual journaling including descriptions and titles.

In the mood to paint, I worked this loose watercolor sketch from what I had of the pencil sketch adding a little artistic license to fill in something behind the sign (trying to recall what was there from memory).

FIbook75x75 with Stonehenge Aqua / Metropolitan pen with N#41 Brown ink / DS watercolors


2 comments:

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Looks so wonderful. Glad that you added colours to the pencil sketch.

-Soma

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you, Soma :-)