Saturday, February 22, 2020

Unknown Shrub

As I'm playing with various mediums on different papers, I was looking out my window at this shrub with these little clusters of white flowers.  What really captured my attention was the fact some have greenish-white stamens whereas others have red.

The flowers are primarily growing on top and in the front where they get the most sunlight.  The side facing me is bare of flowers.

Wish I could identify this shrub but internet search has not been real successful.


Saunders 90 lb watercolor paper / DS watercolors / Albrecht Durer watercolor pencils / Lamy pen

Added image of the actual shrub........


2 comments:

Ginny Stiles said...

iNaturalist says they can't be sure...but it might be a "pinkster" flower (from rhododendron family or the other guest is a Tar Flower.

Susan Bronsak said...

Ginny.........I just added a photo to include the leaves if that might help INaturalists with identification.