Monday, February 17, 2020

Walking Down Memory Lane Using Various Mediums

After working the watercolor sketch of Aransas Pass, I was interested in viewing other mediums I've worked to include some of my full size watercolor paintings (safely stored away) I had prints done for ATC cards.  It shows I haven't only worked sketches or strictly in a journal.  I love "journaling" however, so I haven't really done anything recent like these shown here.  I like having my work in books I can sit and flip through and that do not take up a lot of space.

Back in my acrylic painting days (painted decades ago):



My only oil and pastel.  I quickly learned with first attempts that I can't handle the fumes associated with oil painting and I can't handle the dust from the pastels.  I still have the pastel protected between wax paper and cardboard and my brother displays my oil painting:



Watercolor Paintings through the years:



Drawings (which I feel more comfortable calling sketches but back when I actually tried to meet composition rules that I now rebel against......ha ha) in various mediums to include ballpoint, fountain pen, and pencil...one with a watercolor.

The top left is from one of my trips to the UK.  Top right is the back of my house before moving to Florida.  Middle left is where my Nanny (grandmother) lived in Mannington, WV.  Middle right on location sitting outside the funeral home my step father was being viewed before the funeral.  Bottom left also from my trip to Rockport, TX.  Bottom right again during one of my trips to the UK.  The gal I stayed with was also an artist who belonged to the same forum I did for so many years.

The funeral home is definitely more of a sketch but I included it as I remember trying to place things as guidelines say we should.  The others are prints and not just works in a sketchbook.


Sometimes I think about doing more "formal" work but then I remember why I was drawn to working in journals.

No comments: