Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Learning More About Procreate - Layers Color Blending Mode

 It is amazing what a $10 app can do and continues to advance with updates.  Procreate is by far my favorite drawing and painting app for the Ipad.  There is so much this app can do and I have only scratched the surface.

Today I have been learning about Gradient Map under Adjustments as well as the Blend Mode - Color.

Not sure when I might use the Gradient Map but the blending mode is another story with regards to my pencil sketches and adding color later if I choose.

This is an example using my brother's sketch I did a few years back in black and white only.  Then creating a layer of color and changing from Normal to Color blending mode.

The pencil sketch is on the bottom layer and then I add another layer over top with a skin color by dropping in the color covering the entire layer.  

Changing the blending mode from Normal to Color gives me a new look


Steps I took:




No comments: