Monday, March 22, 2021

Our Neighbor's Amaryllis

Across the street at the left corner, grow these beautiful Amaryllis beneath our neighbor's tree.  These beauties circle the trunk and extend out about 2 to 3 feet.  One was cut for me and Terry was told he was welcome to come dig some up if we wanted as they need to thin them out a bit.  He plans to do so come Fall.

Procreate - Painting / Gouache brush tool.

This was quite a challenge to work.  The flower not so much but the vase was a bit tricky as I didn't want it to be too detailed taking away from the flowers.  The vase has a multi-ridged body and with this I only wanted to suggest that rather than render it in true form.  With the results, I'm on the fence and may re-visit after several days.  I kept going back and forth and finally got tired messing with it.

I am happy with the flowers, however, and decided to include a cropped version leaving out the vase altogether.

Full drawing:


Cropped Version:


No comments: