Sunday, March 28, 2021

Portrait of Youngest Granddaughter

After sharing the portrait of my husband's grandson with my eldest son, he sent me a photo of Morgan, his youngest daughter.  He never asked if I would work a portrait of her but I saw it as a subtle hint..........ha ha.  

After receiving the photo, I got to work on it.  I sat up all last night and throughout the day today working with this portrait starting with the initial sketch.  Then I played a bit with color blending before taking on the task of a full color portrait.  Some of that time was taking breaks to rest my eyes, stopping and creating these step sheets along the way as well as taking snap shots of my progress once I started the full color painting.

Brushes I used in Procreate were the HB pencil for the line sketch / Painting-Gouache brush tool for the color application / Gouache and/or Soft Air Brush for blending / Flowing Hair brush tool to help with texture in the hair / BJD's Denim brush tool / A special stamp brush I created to stamp on the background.

Initial Line Sketch:


Playing with different Layer Blend Modes adding a touch of color:



Full Color Portrait:



Comparing Line Sketch with Full Color Portrait



Screen Captures of Progress:



  

No comments: