Wednesday, March 31, 2021

March 2021 Recap

It's been another productive month meeting my personal goals, exploring subjects and techniques outside my comfort zone (like portraits), and learning more about my digital app, Procreate.  

Monthly Theme:  What's in My Bathroom

Goals:  One each of Ink Only, Ink and Wash, Graphite, and Digital

New Techniques - Procreate:  Importing and Exporting individual layers / Working with Split Screen with two apps side by side - Photos App and Procreate / Layer Color Blend Modes / Creating a source and grain file for making my own brushes / Creating a more opaque layer of base color so a background can be used and not show through other layers / Multiple ways of creating color palettes from color picking to understanding the app color wheels and picking different values of a single color / Creating my own pattern stamps one can use for backgrounds.

Other:  Besides the monthly theme subjects, sketching various subjects that grab my attention and pertain to my day to day (fruit trees blossoming and birds showing up in yard).

Started an online course through Sktchy on Portraits in Procreate.  Signed up for three others with two coming in April (also related to portraits but in different mediums).

Medium (and other) Counts:  I have started keeping tabs on the various mediums used and how many sketches I do under each medium.  Journal Entries - 4 / Pen and Ink Only - 1 / Pen and Ink Watercolor - 2 / Graphite - 1 / Digital - 10 / Projects from artwork - 2 / Personal Notes (not shared) - 1

End of Month Tasks:  Word Document of blog posts shared online and posts created I don't share/ Table of Contents / Contact Sheet of artwork files showing thumbnails and file names / Calendar Recap Sheets of illustrations only / Putting all together into a pdf file for viewing on electronics and/or printed out.






No comments: