Monday, May 20, 2019

Bromeliad in Graphite


Each time I've been to Discovery Gardens, I head over to the area where they grow a variety of Bromeliads.  I'm really intrigued by this family of plants.......how some grow attached to trees while others are grown in the ground.  I love the various shapes and colors.

I decided to try my hand at growing a couple of Bromeliads and purchased two different types at Simon's Seed the last time our sketching group met there.  And, for now,  I've decided to keep as houseplants growing in our sun room behind curtains.  I really have no idea how well that will work but if similar to growing Christmas Cacti or Orchids, they may do OK.  Only time will tell.

Mechanical pencil 07 / Stonehenge Aqua 140 lb CP paper

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sketching, I love how plants are so adaptable, I’m sure yours will adapt also!

lee kline said...

I could never call this a sketch. This is a beautiful drawing, Susan. Frameable and sellable.

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you, Laurie and I so hope you are right. :-)

Susan Bronsak said...

Lee.........thank you so much!! Everything I do I consider sketching or try to see it that way. The word sketching alleviates pressure I'm known to put on myself and allows for acceptance when results don't meet my own expectations :-) Helps keep the perfectionist in me under some control......lol