Monday, May 13, 2019

Rose From Next Door

A couple of posts before, I shared about the Desert Rose that our neighbor, Thomas, gave us.  His son and his wife are so much like him....bringing us various gifts.  Sometimes it's a trinket from one of their shops.  Sometimes Paul will bring over a special dish they prepare.  And other times, cut roses from the rose bushes Thomas planted years ago.

Saturday Paul and his wife, Jenny, gave this cut rose to Terry to give to me.  I tried to capture the color as close as I could.......pink with a slight tone of yellow.  The pink is actually lighter in value but I pushed it a bit in my sketch.

QoR watercolors / KG sketchbook / Micron 01 and 02




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

its beautiful! I also love the way you presented this, the lettering around the edge is one of my favorite way to decorate my journal pages, it looks so lovely!!

Annie said...

I love this page and I agree—I like the lettering for the border. It sounds like you have very nice, thoughtful neighbors. Happy belated Mother’s Day!

Susan Bronsak said...

Laurie and Annie...........thank you both so much!!!