Friday, May 24, 2019

Messing Around - Wet n Wet

Today I was in the mood to just mess around with color and brush.  I thought this subject might be perfect for playing.

I'm such a perfectionist always feeling I have to get everything just so-so and thought maybe if I do a few exercises like this, it might help allow me to play and not worry about the results.......at least not too much so.  And maybe it will help push me forward where I'm still on the fence with this slump I've been in.

Used a mister first lightly spraying the paper and then applying paint using basic strokes.  Then just dabbed color letting it go where it wanted.  Used a clean dip pen nib to bruise a few lines and allowed to dry.  Then dabbed a bit of color in a few areas trying to keep it loose.

Stonehenge Aqua / Holbein watercolors


3 comments:

lee kline said...

More of this!!!

Susan Bronsak said...

Love and appreciate your encouragement, Lee :-)

Annie said...

I surely resonate with your statement, “I'm such a perfectionist always feeling I have to get everything just so-so and thought maybe if I do a few exercises like this, it might help allow me to play and not worry about the results.” All I can say is “Amen Sister!” I need to do this too!
By the way, I like your results.