Saturday, May 11, 2019

Thomas' Desert Rose

4th Sketch With Me Event - topic "New".  Worked a little late due to things going on over the weekend this event was held.

It's been a couple of years now since our neighbor gave us a cutting off of his desert rose.  Thomas has since passed on but he's still very much with us through this cutting that has taken off and flourishing.  This year it's loaded with buds!

KG sketchbook / Micron 01 pen / Aliz Crim, Sap Green, and touch of Bt Sienna / Waterbrush




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work and it's wonderful his memory lives on!

Ginny Stiles said...

What a lovely post, Susan.
And I've never seen this plant, I don't think.
I have made a commitment to doing more "botanical" work this summer in my sketchbook.

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you, Laurie <3

Susan Bronsak said...

Ginny.......I appreciate that :-) I think Simon's had one on the porch. These plants have the neatest trunks (if you call them that). I love the flowers on them. One I bought has a deeper red while Thomas' is a pink with a little darker pink around the edges. They love full sun and dryer soil. He grew his in the ground where as we have ours in pots.