Friday, May 31, 2019

Creative Slumps Can Be a Good Thing

Although I've always tried to view slumps as a recharge period, I have to admit they do bother me.  Especially if they go for what I consider a long time. 

The worst I ever experienced was not wanting to pick up a pencil or brush that lasted for close to if not over a year's time.  It took making a trip to the United Kingdom visiting my mentor (at the time) to help get me back on track. 

Normally my slumps last for a couple of weeks.  This last once lasted almost two months so I was a bit concerned.  Not like I can afford another trip overseas.....ha ha. 

Anyways.......the book "Draw Your Day" has definitely helped snap me out of this last one and I'm extremely happy about that.  My husband likes the direction I've taken with my pages and to be honest, so do I.

KG sketchbook / Micron 01 / Daniel Smith watercolors


No comments: