Monday, May 27, 2019

This Was Fun - Draw Your Day 2

Here's another 'draw your day' journal entry..........taking two pages to complete.

It's possible I could fall into a habit of working my pages like this.........maybe not EVERY day but often (even once a week if not daily).  I really like how it looks as you flip through the pages.

If I were to try and do this on a regular basis, I have certain things I'd want to include on each page.  date/day, weather, and a mood tracker of some sort.  I'm starting out with faces on the weather illustration to depict my mood.

From there I guess it would depend on what grabs me.  Maybe art exercises I might want to practice, food that really stands out to me (maybe incorporate a diet tracker), something that calls out to me during the course of the day whether inside or out, etc.  I'm also thinking of including a sleep tracker in some way as I struggle with that.  Working with 'draw your day' in mind definitely opens the door for all sorts of possibilities.  We will see how it goes taking it one day at a time.

KG sketchbook / Micron 01 / Holbein watercolors


2 comments:

Giddings Art said...

This is a wonderful idea! I always add the date to my sketches. When we are trying to remember when we did something, I can look through my sketchbooks like other people look at a calendar. I like the idea of adding the weather and mood and maybe diet, etc.

Susan Bronsak said...

I'm really liking the various repeats each day like the weather, my diet, and sleep, etc. It helps with how to start each page and everything just seems to flow from there (suggestion in the book).