Sunday, May 26, 2019

Draw Your Day

Found a book I had purchased but never sat down and read or looked through called, "DRAW YOUR DAY" by Samantha Dion Baker. 


I found the book to be quite inspiring and proceeded to look up this artist on the internet.  Love her style from the various examples I found on the internet as well as examples in the book.

Although I felt a bit lost, I thought I would TRY to work a page based on a few suggestions offered in the book.  I normally just look around and if something moves me, I'll try to capture on paper.  Designing or working a page like this is a bit out of my norm, and one that you either wait until the end of the day to work on or you do a little at a time throughout the day as events unfold.

This was actually fun but not sure I would make this into a daily habit..........simply because of how I'm used to working and what I like including in my sketchbooks.  But who knows, this concept might grow on me to where I want to do more of the same.

As I was painting the coffee cup and the word BLACK, it occurred to me coffee isn't truly black.  Never gave it much thought before and now wonder why we call it black when indeed it's more of a brown color.  Imagine the look on a clerk's face at a coffee shop and he/she asks how you take your coffee and you say BROWN........ha ha.

Top right note is how I've felt all day today after yesterday's sugar/carb binge that I went on.....ugh!!!!

Worked in KG sketchbook / Micron 01 pen / Mixed brands watercolor


4 comments:

lee kline said...

Nice to see you getting more daring with your text.

Annie said...

O.k.—you have just inspired me to order this book. I have been so busy with studio paintings and preparing and teaching classes that my sketchbook practice has sadly gone by the wayside. Maybe this will be the kick in the pants I need to get back to my sketchbook. I hope so as I have been in a real slump. Thank you for the inspiration.

Susan Bronsak said...

Awe.......thanks, Lee! I still seem to not stray too far with lettering styles but I'm trying. :-)

Susan Bronsak said...

Annie.......thank you so much. You made my day reading where I've helped inspire another person with what I share. Hope you enjoy the book. There are areas in the book I keep returning to.......re-reading those paragraphs that has helped motivate me.