Sunday, July 14, 2019

Documenting "Cup" Flowers on Curcumas

The Curcuma is a fascinating plant (at least to us).  We grow it strictly for the flower stalks. 

When we first moved here five years ago, I purchased a single Curcuma and fell in love with it.  When I saw it came back the next year in the same pot purchased in, I looked to see if I could get more.  It wasn't until last year I finally came across them again being sold at Lowes.  It's possible they were there each year before and my timing was off when checking as I believe they are seasonal when sold.

Last year we purchased three more of a different color main flower (at top) and a more exotic one that grows very large with a totally different coloring of stalk, main flower, and the little flowers that grow within the cups forms on the stalks that collect water.

This is only documenting those little "cup" flowers of the two main varieties we have.

Top is of the more exotic variety.

Fabriano Soft watercolor paper / Holbein and DS watercolors / Lamy Safari with DeAltramentis Brown document ink.




No comments: