Friday, July 26, 2019

Ink Chart and Stippling Fun

This first is just a color chart of the five DeAtramentis Document Inks that I now have.  I first worked the outside lines and then with brush and pool of ink, worked the color wash.

I find with inks (just like staining watercolors), I feel a little intimidated but wasn't so bad with pre-wetting the areas before applying the ink.  I also toned down the ink on my palette with water so it wasn't real concentrated.  HSFab01




Last night was one of those nights where I laid down to sleep but was back up a couple hours later.  To fill the quiet time until I could lay back down, I turned on the TV and stippled these old fashioned rose flowers.  Stippling can be really relaxing to me.

I used the DeAtramentis inks Dark Red and Dark Green in the Stillman and Birn Zeta sketchbook and then this morning I decided to add a Magenta wash to them.

Dad had a beautiful plant wildly growing up a huge tree he had in his yard back in West Virginia.  We had taken an offshoot and planted it at our house (there in West Virginia) and it grew up a trellis and then across the bars of the railing on our elevated porch.  It was a beauty but have to say very thorny.  One had to be careful walking past because it just seemed like the vines would reach out and grab you.

Before the move here to Florida, we had taken an offshoot and planted in a pot.  Now five years later, here in Florida, it still grows in the pot but has yet to flower.  Not sure why and something I need to do some research on.  With the intense sun and heat (along with sandy soil), not sure the best place to plant in the ground.  In West Virginia it flourished under tree canopies to include our house by the porch.



No comments: