Saturday, July 13, 2019

My Three Sons

It was late through the night I started this and then finished this morning.  Taking two of the figurines (out of 9), I sketched this grouping. 

Hand Sewn Journal with Fabriano Artistico WC paper / Holbein watercolors plus Daniel Smith Buff Titanium / Lamy Safari with DeAtramentis Brown Document Ink.

The boy standing actually is holding a gold heart but I chose to have one hand on "his brother's" head and the other peaking out from "Mom's" shoulder.  One of the boys' hair I chose to use black since the coloring I chose truly represents my sons' hair color.  My middle son had the most beautiful black hair with blue highlights (as did my mother and his dad had brownish black hair) whereas the other two ended up with my hair coloring....lighter when younger and turned darker as they got older.  In fact, I was a blonde as a little girl as was my eldest son until around age 5 or so.

Collection is Willow Tree I started many years ago.  Can't remember where I purchased these except it was via mail order over the course of a couple of years.  A few gifted to me at Christmas.

Scanned version - Although I scan all my work, I do find the results are not exactly true to color or tones.  My scanner struggles with light blues as well as buff or light tan colors.  Plus scanning loses the slight off white color of most papers as well as the texture.  However, my photography skills leave a great deal to be desired so I choose to go with the scanner even with its short-comings.


Photo taken showing the figurines.


1 comment:

Ginny Stiles said...

That was really neat...and very nice to hear about how they match up to your kids. Willow Tree is lovely. Greg got an angel from a church member just before his brain surgery 7 years ago. We take it out at Christmas and have always loved her. I think it's a great idea to sketch them into memory journals. Some of these things are fragile and so things can happen to them. This way you will always have the memory! I've been looking around the cabin wondering about what might be good to keep in my memory too.