Friday, July 19, 2019

New Toy - Pilot Vanishing Point Fountain Pen

I have had my eye on this pen for some time but kept putting off making the purchase.  A couple of days ago, I had it up on my screen again and was showing my husband.  Initially, I was looking up and debating on purchasing another three DeAtramentis ink colors when I went off track pulling the pen back up to drool over.

My husband told me to go ahead and get the pen after my telling him about it and how long I'd been sitting on the decision to buy it; however, I said I would wait since I was considering the ink.

It ended up I ordered three colors of the Document Inks and while I was doing that, my husband went back in his room and later returned saying he ordered the pen since I wouldn't.......lol

Today, I received both orders :-)

Pilot Black/Gold Vanishing Point with Fine Nib.  What a beauty!!!  And what a joy it was testing it out with my first sketch (seen below).  I was a little skittish sketching with it due to the gold nib.......fear of damaging the tines.  But I chose to work on a smooth paper surface.  I have a light touch anyways with fountain pens and with the wet feed of this Fine nib, I realized I didn't have anything to worry about.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around a retractable nib.  I keep finding myself attempting to remove a cap to use the pen and looking for cap to put back on.




DeAtramentis Document Inks - Love all three colors!!!!



First sketch in Stillman and Birn Zeta sketchbook / pen loaded with DeAtramentis Urban Gray / Qor watercolors.


No comments: