Sunday, July 21, 2019

Florida during Summer

The idea to do this comes from an event I thought was coming up next weekend but then the event appears to have been removed.  So.......I thought I'd work the topic on my own.

This to me is what represents where we live this time of year.  Also gave me the opportunity to play with more color after several sketches using very limited or muted colors.

We are in the middle of the Wet Season where our days are mixed with sunny skies and daily storms....most often in the afternoon or early evening.  Often the storms go around our little area for whatever reason.  It can pour a mile down the road and maybe sprinkle here in the neighborhood....if at all.  But that's definitely Florida.


This is the last page in yet another sketchbook that I carry all the time in my small handbag.  It's 4 x 6 in size and I'm ready to make another just to be with me all the time  :-)

No comments: