Saturday, July 6, 2019

My Shoes

I've lost count the total number of shoes I've purchased (last 10 years) hoping to find a pair that doesn't cause my feet to cramp either while wearing them or most often after I take them off.  I've spent big bucks for the better quality shoes that are suppose to give best support and still deal with the issue.  Many of my shoes end up being worn a couple times and then donated to Goodwill or Salvation Army.

Anyways.........I don't have a closet full of various shoes like some women do.  I have two old pairs of dress shoes (navy and black) with low heels and two pairs of sneakers.  One pair ties and the other slides on.  The pair I tend to grab most these days is the slip on kind and I don't pull them up on the heel like they are suppose to be worn.  To be honest, I wear shoes only when I go out anywhere or sometimes when in the yard.  I'm a barefoot gal (and probably why I suffer as I do).

Today's journal page is sketching my slip on sneakers.  They have a mottled (think that's the word) blue coloring and I had hoped to achieve the look on paper but didn't.  Maybe on a rougher surface.  I mixed heavy granulating pigment to make my blue by using DS Lunar Black with Holbein Cobalt Blue.   On the palette the granulating pigment did exactly what I was after but not so once applied to paper.  Oh well.  Rest of the colors used are Holbein.

HSFab01 - Holbein with Lunar Black by Daniel Smith - Lamy Vista with Lexy Grey ink - Micron 01 for some of the wording.


No comments: