Tuesday, July 23, 2019

String Angel Doll

Last night while watching TV, I worked on this string angel doll.  Although I had it on my board, my left and right sides of the brain battled for control.  It was really difficult following the strings by putting down what I actually saw.  Instead the left side won out and I just started adding strings starting with front and then adding different directional lines to look like those strings intertwined underneath.

Still trying out the Pilot Vanishing Point retractable fountain pen on various paper surfaces, I took out the Strathmore Visual Bristol Smooth sketchbook.  Not one of my favorites and mainly use it as a junk journal.  Although smooth like the S&B Zeta, this paper seems to have a coating on the surface.  I experienced some drag or friction as I moved the nib across the paper surface. 

At first I was only going to add color as seen on the first one.  Then decided to darken what was already down and add color to the bottom portion.



No comments: