Friday, July 19, 2019

Lake Sumter Landing

Last night I was making a backup of my Note 8 photos when I started looking through the photos I had taken when I first used the camera on my phone.

First photos I took was at Lake Sumter Landing........photos of the birds feeding.  I remember feeling really impressed by how well a phone camera could catch the action of the birds flying about.  It was at that point I started leaving my dedicated camera at home.  Nice not having to carry an extra item when going out knowing my phone stays on me all the time.

Worked in the Hand Sewn journal with Fabriano Artistico 140 lb watercolor paper.  I used my Pilot Falcon fountain pen with Lexy Grey ink for the sketch and lettering at top only to realize the ink feathered most noticeably in the lettering.  Although my Falcon has an extra fine nib, the ink flow is wet so I shouldn't be surprised (at least not on this paper).

I've also taken notice that the DeAtramentis ink in my Lamys (also extra fine nibs) does not tend to feather or at least doesn't show as bad, so I finished the writing using the Lamy and Urban Grey ink.

Watercolors - Holbein




No comments: