Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Brief Visitor - Bluebird

We see a lot of birds of different varieties depending on time of year.  This is one we don't see too often. 

Earlier I was outside and thought I saw one fly into one of our trees and then flew off.  When I came back inside and was sitting just looking out the window, this one stopped for just a few minutes sitting on top of our hummingbird feeder pole.  Then he was gone. 

Small purse sketchbook / Fabriano Soft / Lamy Al Star with Lexington Grey ink

The pinkish/brown mix is Aliz Crimson, Raw Sienna (as if mixing for skin tone, and a touch of Bt Umber.

Blue is Fr Ultra and Indigo (DS) / Green is DS Sap and Qor Sap mixed.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Nice bluebird sketch Susan! We are blessed to have bluebirds most of the year. I have a bluebird box in my yard and usually the parents raise at least three clutches each year.

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you on the sketch :-)

Terry says he sees them when he's out walking Miya. Being I'm pretty stationery seldom going out, I'm lucky to see these beautiful birds. We may have to try putting out a box.....that would be so cool!!!