Saturday, March 23, 2019

Sketch With Me - Self Portrait

I don't mind working portraits (when I'm in the right frame of mind) but I am NOT crazy about doing self portraits.  Just feels super weird!!!

For the 6th Sketch With Me event by Cathy Johnson, this is the topic set for us to do.  The event is for today and tomorrow.........which I started wee hours of the morning and finished after I got some sleep. 

Worked from a photograph.

This is one of those subjects I could go on and on indefinitely with adjustments but doubt I would ever be satisfied.  It's amazing how a single line or shading can make such a huge difference in how close you get to likeness.  I finally had to have my husband take a look and he said it looked like me so I called it done.....flaws and all.


6 comments:

lee kline said...

Looks just like a friend of mine......

Giddings Art said...

I also asked for my husband's critique. At one point he said, "You're in there. Keep tweaking, you'll come out." Your sketch is awesome!

Susan Bronsak said...

Testing comments........

Susan Bronsak said...

Lee........that must mean I came close to likeness? Lol

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you Giddings Art :-D

Ginny Stiles said...

I think the portrait bears a likeness for sure. AND it is beautifully rendered. Makes me want to try to do this too. Scary.