Monday, March 4, 2019

Our First 16 Hours with Lola

We knew we would be facing an adjustment period with Lola coming to stay with us.  Miya doesn't like sharing Terry and I with other animals and we're sure Lola was missing her "daddy".....however I don't think we were as prepared as we thought we were for our first 16 hours.

Terry forgot he had to work wee hours of the morning until near midnight so he stayed up starting work at 1 a.m. until the job was done around 3:30 a.m. (he works from home). 

He was already frazzled with Miya's behavior and Lola's restlessness.  Terry's normally the easy go lucky one whereas I'm normally the one who gets easily anxious with chaos.  Our roles were reversed and I think it's because Lola is used to the male figure following Terry around everywhere he went constantly wanting attention with Miya complaining.

Here we have an excited/restless 14 month old, agitated and insecure 10 year old being rather vocal about it; bird squawking due to all the noise; Terry being a bit on the snappy side, and then there's me..........I escape to my room with door closed taking Miya with me.

What made the evening even more unnerving was the storm that passed through not long after I dropped off to sleep.  Miya doesn't do well with storms so I was kept up through the night due to her trembling, followed by her intestinal upset at 6 a.m. I'm sure was brought on with all her anxiety.

Here's to a better day today (fingers crossed)!!!


No comments: