Friday, March 1, 2019

March 2019 Challenge Between Friends - Celtic Design

This month it's my friend's turn to choose our challenge.  She chose for us to work a Celtic Design with our Initials weaved within the design.

Celtic is not something I am real familiar with so had to do some reading and studying various images to understand what I was up against. 

I found a book on Amazon with preview using graph paper,  placing dots on the paper, and working from there.  To me it was way out there with what I was willing to invest a lot of time in so I decided to just wing it freestyle.

My understanding is Celtic represents infinity with no beginning and no end.......weaving over and under lines made on paper.  So top left is what I came up with first.

Being my first one, this really boggled my brain getting lost several times in what I was trying to do.  I sent the finished design to my friend saying I might try another later this month if what I did was not what she was hoping for, but no promises.  I just didn't think I could subject myself to this again.  It literally gave me a headache.

Well as I sit and type this out, I'm shaking my head in disbelief to what happened to me as the evening went on.  I couldn't sleep and I kept thinking about the challenge.  Not only did I attempt another, I actually did two more.  The weaving was a little easier and I didn't find myself getting lost.  It might be that they are not quite as involved or complicated or as tightly weaved.  I also started out with the two initials and then a circle around them.  From there started working the strand that weaves over and under holding everything together.


Now that I've done a couple more, I'm thinking how I might work another..........lol


No comments: