Thursday, February 23, 2017

Legs and Feet/Shoes

A couple areas I find I'm weak in or find extremely challenging are rendering legs (to depict coming or going) and peoples' feet/shoes.  Especially on a small scale working in some of my sketchbooks.

Thought I would practice a bit by breaking down and only concentrating on legs and feet/shoes.

Stillman & Birn Beta 3.5 x 5.5 sketchbook
Pilot Prera fountain pen with Lexy Gray ink

The left two I worked first.  The guy's shoes are really too small for his body and I lost focus when trying to capture the pattern in his shoes.  With the little girl's shoes...........just not quite there (to my eyes) but haven't quite spotted what it is that looks off to me.

The right turned out better and I think I even caught the bend in her left leg with the shadowing and slight angle plus the way the shoe looks on bottom.

UPDATE 02/24/17:  Adding another here I worked for today in the same lines practicing legs and feet.




No comments: