Sunday, February 19, 2017

Timed Sketching

For days and even weeks, I've been working a bit too tightly and finding myself falling back to some bad habits of wanting to fidget and get everything just so so..........some watercolor sketches taking me hours to do.  One of the reasons I took to journaling was to get away from that.

Well tonight I decided to do a timed sketch to include the added watercolor.  No pencil guidelines.......just jumping in and letting my pen quickly dance about on the paper making lines and shapes resulting in this little landscape.  Reference incentive was from a TV stand.  Then quickly slapped some color on and called it done.

I should probably do more of these to try and loosen back up.

Stillman & Birn Soft Cover Beta 3.5 x 5.5"
Pilot Prera with Lexy Gray Ink
15 minutes total (minus drying time)


2 comments:

Annie said...

I need to take your suggestion and do some timed sketches. I have a tendency to fiddle too and get too tight! I would say you succeeded very well with this sketch!

Susan Bronsak said...

It was a nice feeling of freedom doing this one. I went into it with the attitude whatever happens, happens. I was going to post it no matter what.........lol