Friday, February 17, 2017

Playing with Zentangles

Now and then I try my hand at working zentangles.  Mostly what I've done in the past was more on the lines of Zentangle Inspired Art (ZIAs).

I'm so looking forward to a class/workshop being given towards the end of this month by a certified zentangle teacher.  So far I've just been winging it looking at books and looking at examples on the web.  I also look forward to learning about proper shading and eye movement within the tangles.

In the meantime, I'm just playing to see what I can do on my own :-)

While at the hospital Wednesday sitting with hubby, I tried the traditional method of frame/border and string.  This is what I ended up with.




Now this morning I thought I would try working one without any confines of a string or border.  I wanted to see how it might end up starting in the center and working out around the first pattern put down.  As of right now, I think I prefer this over the border and string method but that might change once I take the class.  I really don't know what I'm doing at this point but feel a sense of freedom with this method over the other.



4 comments:

Ginny Stiles said...

Beautiful job, luv. So pleased at how these look.
I am not sure about Sunday the 26th...I have not heard back from the other two gals and unfortunately I did not get their phone numbers. The one gal that contacted me is not answering her email. I am going to try again this weekend.

Hope hubby is bouncing back well and will soon be ship shape.

Annie said...

I used to do some Zentangles: http://www.annieglacken.com/watercolor-doodling/

It has been a while though. Both of your zentangles are really nice. My favorite is the organic shape you created with the second one. I hope your hubby is doing o.k.

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you Ginny!! Just let me know.......if not this month maybe you can try again. I hope so.

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you Annie!! The more I play with these, the more I seem to take to the organic shapes over the traditional.